Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Playing With Paisley

I started out today with the intention of making some cards for a Valentine's themed card swap that I am in. That got me started working with the red and black, but my end result was not quite a Valentine. Oh well, I love how this card turned out! I used the Paisley Rockz stamp set to make the petals of my flower. I then used the little flower stamp in the set for my flower center and put a black brad in the center of that. The red paisleys are the Palette Moulin Rouge Ink and they are a much darker red in person. The scan shows it lighter than it actually is. The base of the card is 4" x 4", and the Scarlet cardstock is 3" x 3".
It was unbelievably hard to resist doing something to the black card. I wanted to stamp something on it, add some ribbon, brads or just something. I kept reminding myself that sometimes less is more, and I really like the main focus being on the flower. There isn't anything else to detract from it.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card and idea Michelle!